Advertiser Issue 9
Welcome to the 9th edition of the NZAC Advertiser for 2020. This edition of the Advertiser includes an online training course that includes 2 scholarship places, our regular how to advertise with us section as well as our usual classifieds. The inclusion of courses for advertising in the NZAC Advertiser does not necessarily indicate NZAC support for the content.
Online Emotionally Focused Therapy Externship Hosted by Aotearoa New Zealand EFT Community
• A short-term focused treatment for individuals, couples and families, which blends family systems and experiential approaches to therapy with attachment theory.
• Developed by Dr. Sue Johnson, and showing strong empirical evidence for positive client outcomes. It is globally the most successful approach to couple therapy.
• Based on a solid treatment map, which helps the therapist guide the couple away from conflict impasse into new bonding interactions. Participants learn to:
• Conceptualise relationship distress and repair based on theories of attachment and emotion.
• Build strong therapeutic alliances utilising finely tuned validation and careful attunement.
• Help partners access the more vulnerable emotions underlying repetitive destructive cycles.
• Shape new patterns of engagement by creating powerful enactments.
What participants have said:
• “After four days I feel energised and equipped to deepen into EFT work. I am surprised how collegial and fun the zoom training actually was”
• “The sessions were beautifully and seamlessly coordinated. Everything from the learners perspective flowed and the breakout rooms were fabulous to try and consolidate the new learning”
• “I was pleasantly surprised at how effective the training was, how easy it was not having to travel and doing it from the comfort of my own home and how authentic and well supported it was to participate in roleplay online. I can highly recommend it and moving forward will chose online over in-person.
* early bird NZ$1,095 (if paid before 31 January 2021)
* student/low income NZ$950
* repeat externship NZ$700
* country location parity fee NZ$600
2 scholarship places for Maori/ Pasifika therapists or therapists who work in these communities.
New Family Violence Books and Worksheets by Kay Douglas
¨ Men Making Changes; Breaking the cycle of anger and abuse in family relationships – Practical strategies and suggestions for men who are hurting those they love, and those working with these men. Based on interviews with 30 men who have made changes.
¨ Invisible Wounds: A guide for women in abusive relationships – An updated 3rd edition of a much-loved book that has helped thousands of women. Based on interviews with 50 women.
¨ Invisible Wounds Workbook: Self-reflection for women in abusive relationships – Contains checklists, insightful questions and visualisations. Very useful to work through with clients.
¨ Men Making Changes Worksheets – A set of 18 worksheets from Men Making Changes that are suitable for use with individual clients or groups.
¨ Invisible Wounds Worksheets – A set of 18 worksheets from Invisible Wounds Workbook that are suitable for use with individual clients or groups.
Buy direct from the author, Kay Douglas – https://www.kaydouglas.co.nz/shopping.html - and receive a 20% discount off these books. Use the code NZAC in the promotion box at the checkout.
We are notified regularly about vacancies for counsellors and they are listed in the Members Only section:
Click here to access Classifieds (Go to "My Classifieds" at the top of the page)
Wanting to advertise through NZAC?
You are very welcome to advertise any counselling positions through us. Just email our Administration Assistant email@example.com a pdf or link to the advertisement.
The next issue of the NZAC Advertiser is due to be emailed out to our membership nationwide (as well as appearing live on our website: https://nzac.org.nz/publications/advertiser/) on Friday 27th November 2020 and the costs are as follows:
For one issue:
Members & Organisations registered as Not for Profit $120.00
All prices are GST inclusive.
The above price also includes a listing of the website events calendar: https://nzac.org.nz/event-calendar
Please provide a working link to your registration page and/or your website to be included.
The advertiser is published online and emailed to the members every three weeks and reaches approximately 3000 + members. You will be emailed an invoice after the date of publication. Please provide your invoicing details.