SectionsIntroduction Job Vacancies Mauri Tau Māori Mindfulness group for people with ACC Sensitive Claims Are you an ACC registered Counsellor / psychotherapist / psychologist/ psychiatrist, or interested in becoming one? Hamilton central – consulting rooms available Counselling Youth on the Autism Spectrum Are you a counselling student in your first placement? We would love to talk to you about your experience. Wanting to Advertise with NZAC?
Advertiser Issue 1
Welcome to the 1st edition of the NZAC Advertiser for 2022!
We have a small edition this week but there are some fantastic new opportunities to develop your career as well as some opportunities to participate in university research.
Please also check out the latest job vacancies as these are updated regularly.
The inclusion of content for advertising in the Advertiser does not necessarily indicate NZAC support for the content.
We update our Job Vacancies page regularly with new listing so be sure to visit often.
They are listed in the Members Only section:
Click here to access Classifieds (Go to "My Classifieds" at the top of the page)
Mauri Tau Māori Mindfulness group for people with ACC Sensitive Claims
- Supplier name: Dance & Art Therapy NZ (VAY412)
- Group Name: Māori Mindfulness
- Providers: Cathy Livermore and Anne Hurst (PAM558)
- Group work requirement: 16 hours SCGW (Group work) and 1 hour SCGT2 (Triage) - Please ensure the triage date starts 3 weeks prior to the start date of the group therapy.
- Dates: The group is held over 6 Saturdays from Saturday 26 February - Saturday 2 April, 2022
- Time: 10.30am - 12.30pm
- Venue: Te Pae O Kura, Waitemata Committee Room, 126 Awaroa Road, Sunnyvale, Auckland
Any further questions at all, please don't hesitate to email email@example.com, or give Bonnie a call on 021 184 9676.
Are you an ACC registered Counsellor / psychotherapist / psychologist/ psychiatrist, or interested in becoming one?
We are overflowing with referrals and need more therapists to meet the demand. We need therapists for adults, children and adolescents.
This opportunity will suit you if you are wanting to expand your practice, start a private practice, be supported to become ACC registered, wanting to relocate, or supplement your income with private clients.
Some of the benefits of joining our team are:
- We are boutique suppliers, so we give you a lot of individual support. The admin team are also ACC therapists.
- Full training and support with CMS, Client management system, which we believe to be the most user-friendly system around. We also charge a lower % rate than other suppliers.
- Regular weekly payments.
- Support with accessing trauma-informed training
- Options for additional administrative support, including writing and submitting reports.
- Access to online ACC resources and training
- Regular flow of referrals
- Servicing Auckland wide including Warkworth and Orewa, Thames, Coromandel, Whangarei and Online.
Applicants with no ACC experience will be guided and supported with the application process.
Level 6 or higher qualification in your relevant field
Current Annual Practicing Certificate in NZ in your area of practice
3 Years Post Graduate Experience in your field of practice
If not already ACC registered, to have some trauma training or willing to undertake trauma training.
Professional, organised, good communicator, computer savvy, and open to learning
Trained and certified (or in training) for EMDR but not necessary
Hamilton central – consulting rooms available
Permanent and casual spaces available.
From the minute you walk in the door you can feel the warm welcoming vibe of the space.
Freshly painted and carpeted, these rooms were previously used as a medical practice so are well set up for private consulting rooms. Although located in central Hamilton the access is discreet, offering clients a sense of privacy and confidentiality. The feedback from clients has been overwhelmingly positive.
Come join our team of health professionals which is currently made up of an Osteopath and Counsellors.
Availability: We have 4 rooms left with a selection of lease options for permanent full time, part time and casual.
- Range from $965 to $1,200 per month.
- This payment includes ALL outgoings and gst so only one monthly payment to worry about. Fee is based on floor area and amenities of each room. NO HIDDEN COSTS
To find out more and book a viewing please complete our EOI HC Clarence Hub Form
Counselling Youth on the Autism Spectrum
Gain a deeper understanding of your autistic clients and learn practical evidence-based strategies you can use in your practice tomorrow.
This 12-hour professional development training will be practical, using evidence-based strategies that you can individualise for your clients. You will be learning by doing, developing a deeper understanding of the autism spectrum and how to translate this into your practice. You will come away with a toolkit/kete full of practical ideas, strategies, and resources to use immediately in your sessions.
The training will be co-facilitated by Arletta and Abi, ASD counsellors with combined total of 25 years’ experience working in the field of autism. Both Arletta and Abi are experienced groups facilitators and trainers who teach in a practical fun way where learners leave feeling confident in applying their learning. This training will be of particular interest to therapists, counsellors and professionals working in a therapeutic setting with young people on the autism spectrum and/or their families. This training will be suitable for professionals with both limited and advanced ASD knowledge and useful to professionals working with other neurodiverse clients. A basic understanding of ASD would be ideal.
Key learning points:
- Understanding your clients with ASD (their strengths, challenges, and processing differences).
- Translating our ASD knowledge into our practice
- Evidenced based strategies for youth with ASD
- Modifications for practice
- Adjustments for counselling style
- What does the research say on ASD and counselling
- Ways to work more collaboratively with families and schools
- Incorporating visual strategies into your practice
- How to write a social story or comic strip
- Using structure and routines to support your clients
- Sensory differences and needs in counselling
- Supporting social skill development
- Understanding anxiety and emotional regulation in ASD
- How to support generalisation of skills into their everyday life (including families, schools, and communities around your clients)
- Brief overview of ASD and trauma
- Brief overview of ASD and at risk sexualised behaviour
Arletta van den Bosch
I am a full member of NZAC, and have been a child and family counsellor for I have specialized in ASD for the 9 years. I did an Educational Masters interest in ASD and anxiety. at a charity with and provided training, and PD on autism-topics. I now work full time working mainly with clients and communities.
I am a full member of NZAC, a registered Arts Therapist and an approved supervisor with ANZACATA, NZAC and NZACC. I have worked within ASD specialist roles for the last 15 years providing individual therapy, social skills groups, parent support, behaviour support, parent education, group facilitation, ASD training and supervision. I currently work as a Supervising Behaviour Specialist at Explore Specialist Advice providing ASD education and intervention-based support to families. In my private practice, I provide parent support and clinical supervision with a specialty focus in ASD, wider disability support and group facilitation.
When: 9:00AM -4:00PM - 25-26th March 2022
Fees: $395 including GST
Contact: Arletta van den Bosch firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a counselling student in your first placement? We would love to talk to you about your experience.
Searching for Research Participants: Are you a counselling student in your first placement? We would love to talk to you about your experience.
Conducted by Lexi Tetenburg, University of Auckland.
Wanting to Advertise with NZAC?
You are welcome to advertise courses, events, trainings and counselling positions through us.
Each edition is published on the 15th of every month and reaches an audience of 3,000 + members.
If you'd like to be included, please make contact at least a week before the 15th to secure your spot.
Contact Jo McNab at email@example.com for more information and pricing.